Duffy Biography Profile
There are several artists who go by the name Duffy. The most notable of these is Welsh singer-songwriter Duffy (born Aimée Ann Duffy ).
1) ’60s-sounding Welsh blues singer Aimee Anne Duffy - known professionally as Duffy - released her debut single Rockferry in December 2007. After relocating to London in 2006, she came to the attention of Rough Trade. She is often compared to late ’60s soul diva Dusty Springfield and has experienced significant mainstream success with the single Mercy reaching #1 in the United Kingdom. The debut album, Rockferry, was released in March 2008, and also made #1 on the UK album chart. Bernard Butler of Suede worked extensively on the album, lending it an authentic and wonderfully produced lush ’60s sound.
The 24-year-old’s debut album, Rockferry, triumphed at the 2009 BRIT Awards for British Album, British Female Solo Artist, and British Breakthrough Act.
Official website of (Aimee Anne) Duffy: http://www.iamduffy.com/
2) Duffy was an American rock band led by Eric Kehoe. Their first full length album, Out of Doors, was released in 2007.
3) ‘Duffy’ was the alias used by British singer-songwriter Stephen Duffy during 1995-1998.
4) Duffy is a psychedelic/garage band from the ’60s whose song “Come Back, Come Back” appears on the Beyond The Calico Wall compilation. "Come Back Come Back" was produced by famed Nashville producer Buddy Killen, but with tons of tape flanging and echo, it is far more psychedelic than the average Killen production. The song was released by Atlantic Records subsidiary Dial, but quickly vanished, as did the band itself.
5) An alias for DJ Swe - aka Jordan, from the Melbourne region of Victoria, Australia. Most people call him Duffy, but his real name is Jordan. As Jordan has not yet released any music under the name “Duffy”, this is an incorrect tag. Please do last.fm a favour and fix your tags.
6) Duffy is a hard rock band from UK, released in 1973 album called “Scruffy Duffy”.